Wednesday, October 20, 2021

P4 Writing the script (all drafts)

First Draft 
This is the first draft of my shooting script for a 15 minute extract of "The Perfect Drug". This uses the Warner brother script formatting template which helps to ensure everything is formatted correctly and 1 minute equates to around a page. I want this extract to be very experimental and disorientating to the viewer, showing a plethora of possible outcomes or plot lines in the show to build interest whilst still confusing the viewer (no spoilers.) First draft is 8 pages long. 

Second Draft 
After receiving feedback on my first draft I started by fixing a few presentation issues such as the brackets on the title page and the capitalisation of names in character blocks when we first meet them. The main things I altered and had to improve on were the scene descriptions and intercutting sequence. I moved from using bracketed numbers  in the intercutting sequence to copying the scene heading every-time. The main thing I had to improve from the first draft was adding descriptions at the start of any new scene as well as describing new characters more deeply. 


Third and final draft 
From the second draft the only feedback I was given were to improve on little details predominantly regarding punctuation. This meant adding question marks, exclamation marks where needed as well as adding full stops at the end of some action blocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment