Monday, April 26, 2021

M1 SWOT Analysis

This M1 task outlines feedback from someone else in my class about my three separate ideas. They will give me feedback on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats to help me decide which idea is best. 

Idea 1: 


Idea 2: 


Idea 3:


Summary and decision: 

After considering the feedback on each of my 3 ideas I have decided on Idea 3.
For me the decision was between idea 1 and idea 3. Idea 2 just had too many drawbacks and threats - with the risk of disturbing the viewer because of relevant issues/trauma or even because it could possibly bring up a COVID death etc. Furthermore, with this idea there was the risk that the information is misleading and means influenced viewers put themselves in danger. I felt that although Idea 1 was probably the idea which left the most room for younger character development and issues, the plot development could be difficult and boring because I don't want to focus too much on relationships and this drama would probably rely on this for success. This eventually led me to choosing idea 3 to go forward with because despite the risks of going over budget or falling under 18 rating instead of 15 I feel that they would be manageable and the benefits outweigh them. The concept of a new beneficial drug with no side-effects which contrasts government manipulation is one that I like and I think it is a valuable USP especially when paired with a multi-stranded narrative like Killing Eve which proved to be successful in the crime drama category which also addressed global powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment